A lot of illegal immigrants just want a quiet life for them and their families. Unfortunately, there are a lot of criminals who are crossing our border too.
Some numbers from: The Dark Side Of Illegal Immigration
Impacts of Illegal Immigration: Crime Summary
While this report has attempted to put a personal face on the collateral damage of illegal alien crime, note that many of the links in this report detailing some of the crime are dependent on the archiving time of some of the various sources making their articles available. Once taken down, many of the crimes simply "disappear" from American consciousness.
Here are just a few of the entries - the list is long and well documented:
- In Los Angeles, 95% of some 1,500 outstanding warrants for homicides are for illegal aliens. About 67% of the 17,000 outstanding fugitive felony warrants are for illegal aliens.
- There are currently over 400,000 unaccounted for illegal alien criminals with outstanding deportation orders. At least one fourth of these are hard core criminals.
- 80,000 to 100,000 illegal aliens who have been convicted of serious crimes are walking the streets. Based on studies they will commit an average of 13 serious crimes per perpetrator.
- Illegal aliens are involved in criminal activities at a rate that is 2-5 times their representative proportion of the population.
- In 1980, our Federal and state facilities held fewer than 9,000 criminal aliens but at the end of 2003, approximately 267,000 illegal aliens were incarcerated in U.S. correctional facilities at a cost of about $6.8 billion per year.
- Nearly 63% of illegal alien sex offenders had been deported on another offense prior to committing the sex crime.
- About 60% of the crimes being committed are by illegal aliens who were previously deported.
The whole website is very well documented and worth reading for an explanation of the dark side of globalism and open borders. It is set in chapter format with 28 individual chapters covering various topics.